This is, probably, the long-awaited post for the Jamiroquai concert on April 5th, which I seem to have casually mentioned before. It took me almost a month to report because that's just how long it took for the giddyness and the euphoria to wear off. In a word, it was UNBELIEVABLE.
The event is supposed to be the F1 after party, but we never got to see the race itself. Race? What race? Schumaker who? Pfft, we were there to see Jay Kay sing to us live yaww! ...Okay, we arrived fashionably late, that's why we missed the big cars.
The after party area was located a thousand miles away from the parking lot. Seriously, there was a lot walking and catching the bus involved because the place is so damn huge. I think it even has its own zip code.
And the fact that it was raining quite severely didn't help matters either. I kept bumping into people, stabbing them with the tip of my umbrella and stomping on their sandals from behind (which made them all fall) because my glasses were so foggy and wet and I couldn't see where I was going. I was, probably, the serial killer of the hour. Smart people should really invent glasses with wipers. We could call them glipers!
But then the concert. Oh, the concert.
My friends and I were the furthest away from the stage. It was also the muddiest place, but it had the biggest space for jumping and mucking about. I never thought of myself as a shorty, but when I tried to push my way up front, I thought those people in front of me were huge. A lot of foreigners, I noticed. And people with dreadlocks, whose locks were just inches away from taking my eyes out every time they headbanged to the music.
After two magnificent acts - Maliq and d'Essentials and Naturally Seven - Jamiroquai finally came out and quickly opened with Cosmic Girl. If their performance could be described as a natural element, that element would be water. Crystal clear. Seriously. It's like putting on a CD with surround sound stereo, just painstakingly perfect.
I've lost count how many songs they performed that night, but my personal favourites had to be their performances of Love Foolosophy and Deeper Underground, which they picked for a rockin' encore. People were jumping, people were screaming, lights were flashing, there was this dude who waved an enormous Union Jack flag, and our shoes all wore the same colour of mud. It was messy, it was dirty, it was nothing like their concert in Jakarta where people showed up wearing dresses and smelling like roses. Our feet itched for weeks after spending hours dancing in the bog.
But that, is what I call a concert.
After two magnificent acts - Maliq and d'Essentials and Naturally Seven - Jamiroquai finally came out and quickly opened with Cosmic Girl. If their performance could be described as a natural element, that element would be water. Crystal clear. Seriously. It's like putting on a CD with surround sound stereo, just painstakingly perfect.
I've lost count how many songs they performed that night, but my personal favourites had to be their performances of Love Foolosophy and Deeper Underground, which they picked for a rockin' encore. People were jumping, people were screaming, lights were flashing, there was this dude who waved an enormous Union Jack flag, and our shoes all wore the same colour of mud. It was messy, it was dirty, it was nothing like their concert in Jakarta where people showed up wearing dresses and smelling like roses. Our feet itched for weeks after spending hours dancing in the bog.
But that, is what I call a concert.
As for the month of May, I'm really looking forward for Ratatat and that giant U.O.X Play showcase with Steve Aoki and Shitdisco! I just hope my wallet can survive everything until the end of the month. Woot woot.



No comments:
Post a Comment