(images taken from Dallas Clayton's The Awesome Book)
A friend once told me, he'd like to be a dreamer. Like me.
Jokingly, I replied that dreamers often go broke at the end of the month and that it's better off to be realistic and working and actually making money. Like him.
His answer was quite simple. "Money isn't everything for me."
And he's right. It shouldn't be. It does pay the bills and puts the food on the table - it's important, that I won't argue.
But don't you think that dreams, nowadays, are expensive?
Don't you think that the bigger your dreams are, the bigger the price it is to pay?
Couldn't we just like, have a healthy balance between the two?
Real happiness should never be priced in currency, I realize that. But I think you've got to have a firm pair of feet planted on the ground if you want to keep your head up in the clouds. Not in this world, not in this lifetime. Not when you have responsibilities for a child, a wife, a parent in the hospital.
Dreams are goals, and they should be big, but they shouldn't take over your life. They shouldn't get to your head and change you when you get your first taste of its success. They should be your engine, your trophy. Not your drug of choice.
I am a dreamer. My head is also up there, constantly in-between, under and over the clouds.
But I also fancy myself as a realist. So that if I fall, I'd know where to land.
































They should be your engine, your trophy. Not your drug of choice.I love you. :D
ReplyDeleteFinding balance is so hard though, I'm still struggling. When I'm trying to be realistic I loose sight of my dreams, which sucks.
One of these days though. We're only young, still.
haha, well we are still in our 20s. we're in the dreamers' decade! there's aplenty ahead of us :D
ReplyDeletei dream a dreamed. lol
ReplyDelete